Resolving your dispute

Disputes may arise about the following:
  • weekly benefits compensation;
  • suitable duties following a work injury;
  • medical and hospital and related expenses; 
  • liability for permanent impairment compensation;
  • degree of permanent impairment; 
  • compensation for domestic assistance;  
  • pain and suffering compensation;  
  • compensation for damage to personal property; and
  • compensation for death of a worker.
We recommend that you discuss ways of resolving your dispute with the other parties involved. You should also contact WorkCover's Assistance Service on 13 10 50.
Unresolved workers compensation disputes can be brought to the Commission for resolution or determination.
Disputes regarding the degree of permanent impairment will be referred to an Approved Medical Specialist for medical assessment.

Most other claims, such as weekly benefits compensation, medical expenses, or where liability is disputed in relation to a claim for permanent impairment, will be referred to an Arbitrator.