Who can lodge an application?

Any person or party to a workers compensation dispute can make an application to the Commission except where there is a dispute about permanent impairment. In such cases, only the injured worker or worker's representative may apply.
We cannot resolve workers compensation disputes for coal miners,volunteer rescue workers including volunteer bush fire fighters, SES, volunteer surf life savers or disputes relating to dust diseases contracted at work.